Sunday, April 4, 2010

What I'm Working On



For the past month I have been working on a summer sweater. This project has bored me to hell. Such endless stockinette stitches. I really want this sweater to be finished to wear this summer, but it will take all I have just to keep from ripping every stitch out and start with something else. I'll finish the socks and the hat and then complete the sweater. You can see how far I have gotten. I'm thinking of adding lace to the bottom of the sweater. That will change the design of the sweater plus get me out of my boredom. So, what have I been working on to get over my boredom? Just this and that. The socks are almost finished.

The socks were the perfect distraction for me too. This is an easy pattern just a rib three, purl one. Being this is my fourth pair since learning to make socks I want to try a lace design sometime soon.


This hat is made from Peaches and Cream 100% cotton yarn. It's a 4pyl yarn that I like the feel of. I won't be able to wear it past summer with the heat we will get, but spring and early fall will be fine. I did say I don't think it will be my type of hat. Not a hat person, until I have a really bad hair day. This is an easy pattern to follow. The lace pattern is easy to follow and remember which helps. I like working lace patterns and will try my hand at making a lace shawl one day.
After all these projects are finished I will start another sweater. I so want to make the Central Park Hoodie now that I have alot more experience with reading knitting patterns. What confused me once before now makes sense to me. I purchased some Cascade 220 in dark gray.
I'll start the test swatch in a few days. Still need to shop for the buttons. I finished my Patons button front cardigan on Jan 22, 2010 and still haven't purchased buttons for that. I just love all the CPH sweaters other bloggers made. I hope to make a CPH that will stand up with all the wonderful sweaters I have seen. Once I finish mine I will go to Central Park and take pics of me in it. So, I should get going now as I have some work to do.