Tuesday, April 6, 2010

What Type Of Knitting Gives You Problems?


Lace is my problem child. This is the second lace project that was a complete bust. It seems that mistakes are always made close to the finish line. I get half way completed when I make a mistake I can't correct. Now this hat the same thing has happened. I was able to correct and fix the mistake once or twice without much damage. It didn't look so bad, but then I looked closer and there are 2 holes that I cannot live with. So I will be ripping it all out and starting over. When I don't know, but it will be done this summer. I know I will need a distraction from my sweater again. This is a simple pattern to follow and I will try again. Why do I like this pattern so much? One because it is simple to follow the pattern. It will be good for bad hair days. Remember, I'm not a hat person. So back to the drawing board. This pattern will get made, but for right now I want to finish my socks and my sweater. I want to swatch for the CPH this week too. So for now the hat will have to wait for another time. Now I have one less project to work on. Oh boy, can I devote more time to the sweater? Can I finish it before the end of summer. Will do my best because I do want to show it off. Update I now have buttons for my sweater. Didn't take pictures yet but will soon.